couldn’t have said it better myself.
fine, i’ll try.
here are some top learnings for brands attempting to jump the twitter bandwagon…
1. twitter is a tactic, not a social media strategy. you’ll only get eyeballs if you already have brand followers.
2. most companies will require tweets to be approved by legal. balls!
3. if all your tweeting about is headlines or deals…zzz! people follow people, not discount flyers.
4. say no to the ghost twitter! authenticity is paramount. you bullshit, you lose. big time. be upfront with who is twittering on your behalf, or don’t do it at all.
5. twitter is a medium to converse. you must be willing to respond to your followers.
6. quality tweets over quantity tweets.
7. there are insufficient tracking tools. so don’t bet the farm.
8. you have to listen, as much if not more than you tweet.
i’m just going to start calling it titter, for the record. since that’s what my fingers intuitively type out anyways.